For recording artists not lucky enough to be natural businesspeople, shopping oneself around to major labels can leave one feeling like a fish out of water—or, worse, a Clown. On her latest single and first DJBooth feature, Emili Sandé gives listeners a taste of the insecurity, vulnerability and self-doubt she experienced while trying to get signed. Naughty Boy uses a light touch on the production tip, backing the London singer’s emotionally-charged vocals with spare piano chords and understated strings, and director Wiz creatively recontexutalizes the record’s themes in his official video. The UK’s top-selling album of 2012, debut studio album Our Version of Events is available in stores and online as of February.
Written by richard on 12/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Next To Me" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.