By this point, Booth readers are well-acquainted with The Embassy Music Board—the ATL-based foursome’s first feature, Pose, hit our front page a little over a year ago, and, in the time since, they’ve brought us two mixtape cuts (City Is Mine and My Life) as well as an exclusive freestyle (Congratulations). Now that their DJ Tekniks-hosted debut mixtape has hit the ‘net, though, they’re ready to truly go public with their unique take on hip-hop. On this leaked cut, Big A, K.O., Manolo, and Baby D.O.E. make sure everyone knows “We Here Now.” Over an eccentrically catchy brass-and-percussion instrumental by LT Moe, each member delivers his share of memorable lines, some clever (“The sickest spitters in the country, LeeAnn rhymers…” and others chuckle-inducingly strange (“I’m eating something fresh from the seafloor.). A testament to the group’s versatility, this record is drastically different from anything we’ve heard from the foursome to date; for more of EMB’s ever-surprising musical stylings, download a copy of Embassy Presents International Ties Foreign Affairs, out today.
Written by richard on 05/12/09
Submit your Rating
Embassy Music Board
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pose ft. Tommy P" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.