By this point, Booth readers are well-acquainted with The Embassy Music Board—the ATL-based foursome’s first feature, Pose, hit our front page a little over a year ago, and, in the time since, they’ve brought us two mixtape cuts (City Is Mine and My Life) as well as an exclusive freestyle (Congratulations). Now that their DJ Tekniks-hosted debut mixtape has hit the ‘net, though, they’re ready to truly go public with their unique take on hip-hop. On this leaked cut, Big A, K.O., Manolo, and Baby D.O.E. make sure everyone knows “We Here Now.” Over an eccentrically catchy brass-and-percussion instrumental by LT Moe, each member delivers his share of memorable lines, some clever (“The sickest spitters in the country, LeeAnn rhymers…” and others chuckle-inducingly strange (“I’m eating something fresh from the seafloor.). A testament to the group’s versatility, this record is drastically different from anything we’ve heard from the foursome to date; for more of EMB’s ever-surprising musical stylings, download a copy of Embassy Presents International Ties Foreign Affairs, out today.
Written by richard on 05/12/09
Submit your Rating
Embassy Music Board
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pose ft. Tommy P" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.