Feeling a little déjà vu? If this beat sounds familiar, that’s probably because you have heard it before; a leaked version of the instrumental was used on Frank Lee White‘s Booth debut, a record that also shares its title with Embassy Music Board‘s newly-released My Life. Fortunately for Manolo, Baby D.O.E., K.O., and Big A, whose version of the cut actually predates FLW’s by a wide margin, Don Cannon‘s production sounds as fresh as ever (it still kinda reminds me of the theme from The Price Is Right), and is given new life courtesy of their introspective rhymes. Addressing the ups and downs that come with chasing one’s dreams, EMB craft a mellow yet driven record that should appeal to anyone on their grind. My Life is set for inclusion on debut mixtape Embassy Presents International Ties Foreign Affairs; fans of the Georgia-based foursome should be sure to check out their brand new “In the Mix” interview, and to check back with us later this month for their contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 04/15/09
Submit your Rating
Embassy Music Board
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pose ft. Tommy P" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)