Feeling a little déjà vu? If this beat sounds familiar, that’s probably because you have heard it before; a leaked version of the instrumental was used on Frank Lee White‘s Booth debut, a record that also shares its title with Embassy Music Board‘s newly-released My Life. Fortunately for Manolo, Baby D.O.E., K.O., and Big A, whose version of the cut actually predates FLW’s by a wide margin, Don Cannon‘s production sounds as fresh as ever (it still kinda reminds me of the theme from The Price Is Right), and is given new life courtesy of their introspective rhymes. Addressing the ups and downs that come with chasing one’s dreams, EMB craft a mellow yet driven record that should appeal to anyone on their grind. My Life is set for inclusion on debut mixtape Embassy Presents International Ties Foreign Affairs; fans of the Georgia-based foursome should be sure to check out their brand new “In the Mix” interview, and to check back with us later this month for their contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Listen to More: The Embassy Music Board
Written by richard on 04/15/09
Embassy Music Board
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pose ft. Tommy P" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.