Feeling a little déjà vu? If this beat sounds familiar, that’s probably because you have heard it before; a leaked version of the instrumental was used on Frank Lee White‘s Booth debut, a record that also shares its title with Embassy Music Board‘s newly-released My Life. Fortunately for Manolo, Baby D.O.E., K.O., and Big A, whose version of the cut actually predates FLW’s by a wide margin, Don Cannon‘s production sounds as fresh as ever (it still kinda reminds me of the theme from The Price Is Right), and is given new life courtesy of their introspective rhymes. Addressing the ups and downs that come with chasing one’s dreams, EMB craft a mellow yet driven record that should appeal to anyone on their grind. My Life is set for inclusion on debut mixtape Embassy Presents International Ties Foreign Affairs; fans of the Georgia-based foursome should be sure to check out their brand new “In the Mix” interview, and to check back with us later this month for their contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Listen to More: The Embassy Music Board Written by richard
Embassy Music Board
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pose ft. Tommy P" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.