When it comes to procuring paper, gathering greenbacks, collecting cash, racking up riches and accumulating assets, the Embassy Music Board are seasoned pros; to put it simply, Big A, K.O., Baby D.O.E., and Manolo are masterful Money Getters. On this newly-leaked cut the ATL foursome take some time out of their busy schedule of getting paid to, well, talk about getting paid. Backed by heavyweight producer Infamous’ street-ready sampled-brass instrumental (complete with a unconventional, sound-effect-driven hook), the group pay tribute to the Almighty Dollar in brisk, fittingly hard-nosed verses. And, just in case you thought the EMB weren’t serious about their undying love for the Benjamins, Manolo makes clear exactly where his priorities lie: “I need room for money, honey move out / pack your sh*t, you gotta go, my dough is at the door.” Now that’s cold. This track is set for inclusion on a yet-untitled project scheduled to drop sometime in April – those who like what they’re hearing should keep it locked for further details.
Written by richard on 03/18/10
Submit your Rating
Embassy Music Board
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pose ft. Tommy P" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.