Even here in the DJ Booth, there are times when we get so caught up in the more visible world of rappers and singers that we forget to show appreciation to those standing behind the wheels of steel. Here to help rectify that oversight are ATL’s Embassy Music Board, who raise a Toast (To the DJ) on their latest mixtape leak. Flowing over Hit Boy‘s swanky, synth-driven instrumental, freestyle series alumni Big A, Baby D.O.E., K.O. and Manolo give it up for the fine men and ladies who spin their tunes, and waxing poetic about the delicate art of moving a crowd: “Don’t you love it when you hear that song, make you really wanna dance more make you move even if you say you’re hardcore, make the ladies wanna really hit the dancefloor.” A smooth tribute that should warm DJs’ hearts and leave the rest nodding their heads in appreciation, Toast can be found on EMB’s Don Cannon-hosted The 400 Lounge mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date – keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
Embassy Music Board
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pose ft. Tommy P" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)