Even here in the DJ Booth, there are times when we get so caught up in the more visible world of rappers and singers that we forget to show appreciation to those standing behind the wheels of steel. Here to help rectify that oversight are ATL’s Embassy Music Board, who raise a Toast (To the DJ) on their latest mixtape leak. Flowing over Hit Boy‘s swanky, synth-driven instrumental, freestyle series alumni Big A, Baby D.O.E., K.O. and Manolo give it up for the fine men and ladies who spin their tunes, and waxing poetic about the delicate art of moving a crowd: “Don’t you love it when you hear that song, make you really wanna dance more make you move even if you say you’re hardcore, make the ladies wanna really hit the dancefloor.” A smooth tribute that should warm DJs’ hearts and leave the rest nodding their heads in appreciation, Toast can be found on EMB’s Don Cannon-hosted The 400 Lounge mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date – keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
Embassy Music Board
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pose ft. Tommy P" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.