Even here in the DJ Booth, there are times when we get so caught up in the more visible world of rappers and singers that we forget to show appreciation to those standing behind the wheels of steel. Here to help rectify that oversight are ATL’s Embassy Music Board, who raise a Toast (To the DJ) on their latest mixtape leak. Flowing over Hit Boy‘s swanky, synth-driven instrumental, freestyle series alumni Big A, Baby D.O.E., K.O. and Manolo give it up for the fine men and ladies who spin their tunes, and waxing poetic about the delicate art of moving a crowd: “Don’t you love it when you hear that song, make you really wanna dance more make you move even if you say you’re hardcore, make the ladies wanna really hit the dancefloor.” A smooth tribute that should warm DJs’ hearts and leave the rest nodding their heads in appreciation, Toast can be found on EMB’s Don Cannon-hosted The 400 Lounge mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date – keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
Embassy Music Board
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pose ft. Tommy P" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.