In a world where music has become stale and wack… (pan across empty record store, crickets chirping) …
four men are determined to breathe new life into the game! (cue Back in Black as The Embassy Music Board stride away from a massive explosion) OK, maybe that’s a little over-the-top – you can stop reading this in a movie-trailer voice, by the way. What I mean to say is, on inaugural mixtape leak Dead Music, the ATL crew who brought us Booth-exclusive freestyle Congratulations lament the unfortunate trends they see plaguing hip-hop (ringtone rap, jail sentences, et cetera), and announce their intent to act as agents of change. Over DJ Don Cannon‘s spacey boardwork, sampled from Manfred Mann’s Belle of the Earth, rappers Big A, Baby D.O.E., K.O. and Manolo teach by example, interweaving their gripes with dope punchlines: “We’re gonna take it back, like bad barbers with hairlines.” Find yourself nodding in agreement with the EMB’s diagnosis of the industry? Then keep it locked for the latest on the Cannon-hosted 400 Lounge, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 12/19/10
Embassy Music Board
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pose ft. Tommy P" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.