In a world where music has become stale and wack… (pan across empty record store, crickets chirping) …
four men are determined to breathe new life into the game! (cue Back in Black as The Embassy Music Board stride away from a massive explosion) OK, maybe that’s a little over-the-top – you can stop reading this in a movie-trailer voice, by the way. What I mean to say is, on inaugural mixtape leak Dead Music, the ATL crew who brought us Booth-exclusive freestyle Congratulations lament the unfortunate trends they see plaguing hip-hop (ringtone rap, jail sentences, et cetera), and announce their intent to act as agents of change. Over DJ Don Cannon‘s spacey boardwork, sampled from Manfred Mann’s Belle of the Earth, rappers Big A, Baby D.O.E., K.O. and Manolo teach by example, interweaving their gripes with dope punchlines: “We’re gonna take it back, like bad barbers with hairlines.” Find yourself nodding in agreement with the EMB’s diagnosis of the industry? Then keep it locked for the latest on the Cannon-hosted 400 Lounge, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 12/19/10
Submit your Rating
Embassy Music Board
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pose ft. Tommy P" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.