It’s a story we all know by heart: singer (or sometimes rapper) heads out to the local spot, scopes out the most attractive woman in the spot and immediately gets down to business, working to lower her defenses with smooth-talk and free-flowing liquor. A one-night stand ensues, and everyone (hopefully) lives happily ever after. Except, of course, that’s not always how it goes down in reality. On Wrong Impression, this second single off his next full-length, Emanny depicts a scenario in which the woman is in control, pulling the strings as he goes through the motions of seducing her. T-Town Productions man the mixing boards, wreathing the unsigned crooner’s voice in atmospheric synths as he acknowledges who’s in charge: “I ain’t triyn’ to buy you, no / You got me drunk up off your body, ‘cause your body’s like a bottle.” Booth fave Emilio Rojas guests on the back, spitting about the unspoken understanding that exists between him and his fondest jump-off. Has Wrong Impression made the right impression on you? If so, more ear-pleasing reflections on modern romance await on Emanny’s Songs About HER LP, scheduled for release May 15.
Written by richard on 05/1/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Up" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.