It’s a story we all know by heart: singer (or sometimes rapper) heads out to the local spot, scopes out the most attractive woman in the spot and immediately gets down to business, working to lower her defenses with smooth-talk and free-flowing liquor. A one-night stand ensues, and everyone (hopefully) lives happily ever after. Except, of course, that’s not always how it goes down in reality. On Wrong Impression, this second single off his next full-length, Emanny depicts a scenario in which the woman is in control, pulling the strings as he goes through the motions of seducing her. T-Town Productions man the mixing boards, wreathing the unsigned crooner’s voice in atmospheric synths as he acknowledges who’s in charge: “I ain’t triyn’ to buy you, no / You got me drunk up off your body, ‘cause your body’s like a bottle.” Booth fave Emilio Rojas guests on the back, spitting about the unspoken understanding that exists between him and his fondest jump-off. Has Wrong Impression made the right impression on you? If so, more ear-pleasing reflections on modern romance await on Emanny’s Songs About HER LP, scheduled for release May 15.
Written by richard on 05/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Up" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.