Part of Janet Jackson‘s 2001 All for You LP, Would You Mind has aged pretty damn well over the last decade and change. With its minimal beat and risqué lyrical theme, it wouldn’t sound entirely out of place coming from one of today’s more adventurous crooners. Nonetheless, Emanny has given the bedroom-ready cut a 2013 makeover on the latest song release off his forthcoming mixtape. The most noticeable changes are on the production tip; with the help of co-producers Kdotonthebeat and Mike Glover, the unsigned singer, songwriter and producer crafts a keyboard-driven instrumental with a more lush, atmospheric feel than the original’s stripped-down backdrop. In addition, Emanny subtly revises the lyrics to read as a response to Janet’s lines. Time to weigh in, readers: is this a worthy update of the classic cut? If you think so, you’re sure to appreciate the rest of the fresh material in store on Emanny’s Songs About H.E.R. 2 street album. Watch our pages for further details on the set, which currently lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Up" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.