Though the perils of habitual jump-offs could hardly be more obvious, the promise of a no-strings-attached hookup attracts us like moths to an 80-watt bug zapper. Just ask Emanny, whose latest promo single finds him admitting that ”I Messed Up” as he struggles with his feelings for a woman he’d previously considered just another “hoe.” Over Darrell Robinson‘s understated synth grooves, the unsigned crooner offers a step-by-step guide on how to turn a carefree fling into a mess of epic proportions. Sticking around after the deed is done? Check. Constantly fantasizing about the woman in question? Double-check. Neglecting to use a condom? Check and mate. No stranger to uncomfortable romantic circumstances, Dreamerz collaborator Joe Budden chimes in to reassure the headliner that it happens to us all, and suggests from personal experience that the best solution may be to follow his heart: “Nowadays instead of calling a cab for shawty I let her stay, and honestly she might be the best mistake I ever made.” Whatever Emanny’s guilty of in his love life, he seems to have gotten everything right on the musical tip. If you agree, you can stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest from both collaborators.
Written by richard on 09/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Up" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.