Though the perils of habitual jump-offs could hardly be more obvious, the promise of a no-strings-attached hookup attracts us like moths to an 80-watt bug zapper. Just ask Emanny, whose latest promo single finds him admitting that ”I Messed Up” as he struggles with his feelings for a woman he’d previously considered just another “hoe.” Over Darrell Robinson‘s understated synth grooves, the unsigned crooner offers a step-by-step guide on how to turn a carefree fling into a mess of epic proportions. Sticking around after the deed is done? Check. Constantly fantasizing about the woman in question? Double-check. Neglecting to use a condom? Check and mate. No stranger to uncomfortable romantic circumstances, Dreamerz collaborator Joe Budden chimes in to reassure the headliner that it happens to us all, and suggests from personal experience that the best solution may be to follow his heart: “Nowadays instead of calling a cab for shawty I let her stay, and honestly she might be the best mistake I ever made.” Whatever Emanny’s guilty of in his love life, he seems to have gotten everything right on the musical tip. If you agree, you can stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest from both collaborators.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Up" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.