With the release of his ELmatic mixtape just a week away, Motown mainstay eLZHi is back to put his own spin on another cut off Nas’ seminal debut full-length. This reimagining of Halftime finds the Slum Village alumnus dropping dense lyrical fire over beatsmith Will Sessions’ live rendition of the Illmatic inclusion’s original, Large Professor-produced instrumental. Digging it? Then be sure to cop the free album next Tuesday, May 10, when it hits the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 05/3/11
Submit your Rating
Jae B Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Motown 25 ft. Royce Da 5'9"" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.