If you were at ATL’s Indie Fest over the summer, and you happened by the DJBooth.net stage, you probably caught Elz Jenkins’ performance. If not, then DJBooth.net is happy to bring you his first feature from his upcoming album, Don’t I Look Like a Drug Dealer? It’s not clear whether Elz Jenkins was even alive back then, but he’s eager to indulge the listener in some nostalgia in his new street single, Like It’s ‘88. He’s got references to crack, shelltoes, RUN-DMC and gold ropes which seems pretty accurate for ‘88, but he chose to stick with a more gritty, contemporary Southern sound supplied by Kato. It’s hard to tell exactly what Elz was going for with this song, but there’s a catchy hook and quite a bit of clever word play to keep you entertained. The release date for Don’t I Look Like A Drug Dealer? is a mystery for the moment, but DJBooth will bring you up to speed once the word is out.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.