When I think of Wind Chimes, musically speaking, it’s typically in the context of ‘90s-style R&B. (I say ‘90s-style because acts like TGT have been keeping the tradition alive.) The title of Elteazee‘s latest single refers not to that once-ubiquitous sound effect, but to the jingling of chains that announces the Oklahoma rhymesayer’s presence when he’s jogging down the city streets. Here, DJ Chips’ smooth, sophisticated jazz-flute loops back the Booth newcomer as he charts his growth from an ambitious youngster with an unusually eclectic music collection to a gold-bedecked baller steady carving out his niche in the rap game. After a listen to this laid-back banger, are you craving more? Then mark your calendars for the July 30, release of Elteazee’s next album, S.N.oL.T.Z. (The Slow Narrations of L.T.Z.).
Written by richard on 07/23/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.