Body Movin’, the last single off ELMNT‘s forthcoming street album, defied expectations by being a dusty a J. Dilla homage rather than a booming club banger. So I probably shouldn’t be surprised that the follow-up, F**k Me Baby, isn’t particularly well-suited to the bedroom. Instead, it finds the T-Dot rapper back on his ‘90s ish, lacing Bugseed‘s boom-bap percussion with knotty bars touting his commitment to excellence on the mic. If you were hoping for f**king-related material, don’t worry—he gets around to discussing his busy love life on the back. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find this cut and much more on the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Stara Nova street album. While the set is currently unscheduled, we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Mad Kids Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Must Come Down" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.