Is life a b*tch, as Nas told us on my favorite track off Illmatic? Or is it, as Aesop Rock retorted in Daylight, a beautiful woman? Personally, I haven’t quite made up my mind. As for ELMNT, he’s not taking any chances; as he puts it on his latest LP leak, making its world premiere right here on our front page, “If life’s a b*tch, I hope she Catch Me Last.” DJ Bombay nails it on the production tip, flipping a piano sample strongly reminiscent of Norah Jones ’ Don’t Know Why (Anyone confirm or deny?) into a warm, nostalgia-drenched backdrop for bars tracing the path the T-Dot repper’s life has taken to date. Looking back with amusement on a day when all he did was “focus on hoes and chase head,” ELMNT notes how drastically his priorities have changed; now, he’d much rather be, “rocking arenas, raking in the cash.” Does this smooth, introspective selection leave you craving more? ELMNT’s latest full-length, We Don’t Belong Here, is scheduled for release in May, followed by a digital EP with beatsmith Dorian Gray in early June.
Written by richard on 03/25/12
Mad Kids Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Must Come Down" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.