Is life a b*tch, as Nas told us on my favorite track off Illmatic? Or is it, as Aesop Rock retorted in Daylight, a beautiful woman? Personally, I haven’t quite made up my mind. As for ELMNT, he’s not taking any chances; as he puts it on his latest LP leak, making its world premiere right here on our front page, “If life’s a b*tch, I hope she Catch Me Last.” DJ Bombay nails it on the production tip, flipping a piano sample strongly reminiscent of Norah Jones ’ Don’t Know Why (Anyone confirm or deny?) into a warm, nostalgia-drenched backdrop for bars tracing the path the T-Dot repper’s life has taken to date. Looking back with amusement on a day when all he did was “focus on hoes and chase head,” ELMNT notes how drastically his priorities have changed; now, he’d much rather be, “rocking arenas, raking in the cash.” Does this smooth, introspective selection leave you craving more? ELMNT’s latest full-length, We Don’t Belong Here, is scheduled for release in May, followed by a digital EP with beatsmith Dorian Gray in early June.
Written by richard on 03/25/12
Submit your Rating
Mad Kids Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Must Come Down" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.