If you weren’t familiar with ELMNT‘s oeuvre, you might read the title of his latest feature and imagine you were in for some sort of booming, synth-drenched club banger. But that’s not the type of ish that gets the T-Dot repper’s Body Movin; he’ll take the beautifully sloppy, human feel of a J. Dilla joint over contemporary dancefloor fare any day of the week. Based on the late James Yancey’s beat of the same title, originally featured on sophomore solo album The Shining, this newly-released mixtape single finds ELMNT lacing his production idol’s shambolic, sampled rhythm section with gritty, polysyllabically-rhymed battle lyricism. Director SoTeeOh captures the joint’s raw, retro-informed aesthetic in his official visuals. Featuring Body Movin and many more original and unreleased jams, the DJBooth-hosted Stara-Nova tape is scheduled to hit our front page for free streaming and download before month’s end.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
Mad Kids Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Must Come Down" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.