If you weren’t familiar with ELMNT‘s oeuvre, you might read the title of his latest feature and imagine you were in for some sort of booming, synth-drenched club banger. But that’s not the type of ish that gets the T-Dot repper’s Body Movin; he’ll take the beautifully sloppy, human feel of a J. Dilla joint over contemporary dancefloor fare any day of the week. Based on the late James Yancey’s beat of the same title, originally featured on sophomore solo album The Shining, this newly-released mixtape single finds ELMNT lacing his production idol’s shambolic, sampled rhythm section with gritty, polysyllabically-rhymed battle lyricism. Director SoTeeOh captures the joint’s raw, retro-informed aesthetic in his official visuals. Featuring Body Movin and many more original and unreleased jams, the DJBooth-hosted Stara-Nova tape is scheduled to hit our front page for free streaming and download before month’s end.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
Mad Kids Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Must Come Down" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.