Sure, we’ve all fantasized about a three way before – personally I’m rolling with a Dream Team line-up of Scarlett Johannsen and Rosa Acosta – but Toronto emcee ELMNT is a man who dreams big. For him, nothing short of a four way will do. What’s that? The track’s actually titled 4A Way? As in “looking 4/for a way out of this situation”? Oh, can I still fantasize about Scarlett and Rosa? No? Fine, I’ll do my job and get back to the music. The first The DJBooth feature for ELMNT (under his newly-spelled stage name), 4A Way is given it’s deeply soulful vibe by producer FS Green, whose organic percussion and sparking keys conjures images of Dwele and The Roots at their most melodic – and of course vocal assistance from Slakah the Beatchild only emphasizes that vibe. But, fittingly, it’s the headliner’s rhymes that take center stage as he uses his rhyme skills to delve into a relationship that’s no longer really a relationship. While details on a full-length project from ELMNT are still emerging, I’m willing to bet more than few folks will now be fantasizing about more new music from the man.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/16/11
Mad Kids Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Must Come Down" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.