Sure, we’ve all fantasized about a three way before – personally I’m rolling with a Dream Team line-up of Scarlett Johannsen and Rosa Acosta – but Toronto emcee ELMNT is a man who dreams big. For him, nothing short of a four way will do. What’s that? The track’s actually titled 4A Way? As in “looking 4/for a way out of this situation”? Oh, can I still fantasize about Scarlett and Rosa? No? Fine, I’ll do my job and get back to the music. The first The DJBooth feature for ELMNT (under his newly-spelled stage name), 4A Way is given it’s deeply soulful vibe by producer FS Green, whose organic percussion and sparking keys conjures images of Dwele and The Roots at their most melodic – and of course vocal assistance from Slakah the Beatchild only emphasizes that vibe. But, fittingly, it’s the headliner’s rhymes that take center stage as he uses his rhyme skills to delve into a relationship that’s no longer really a relationship. While details on a full-length project from ELMNT are still emerging, I’m willing to bet more than few folks will now be fantasizing about more new music from the man.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
Mad Kids Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Must Come Down" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.