As nice as it is to have a steady income, there are some moments when it’s hard not to fill a twinge of envy for the unemployed. For example, when you’re listening to Booth newcomer Ellis Martin describe what he was doing while most of us were at work yesterday: “I’m High on a Monday, no job, just a fun day.” On this freshly-rolled single, the Chicago pop singer and producer “lashes back at the self-righteous cynics who have criticized him for his laid-back nature and herbal lifestyle.” Those who aren’t chronically uptight, however, should be able to look past their jealousy and appreciate the artist’s unique vocals, as well as his bouncy, reggae-informed production. Fans will be able to find High on a Monday and much more on Ellis’s wonderfully-titled Pornotopia EP, set for independent release in October.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.