Update: The visuals for Ellis Martin’s High on a Monday single have been added.
As nice as it is to have a steady income, there are some moments when it’s hard not to fill a twinge of envy for the unemployed. For example, when you’re listening to Booth newcomer Ellis Martin describe what he was doing while most of us were at work yesterday: “I’m High on a Monday, no job, just a fun day.” On this freshly-rolled single, the Chicago pop singer and producer “lashes back at the self-righteous cynics who have criticized him for his laid-back nature and herbal lifestyle.” Those who aren’t chronically uptight, however, should be able to look past their jealousy and appreciate the artist’s unique vocals, as well as his bouncy, reggae-informed production. Fans will be able to find High on a Monday and much more on Ellis’s wonderfully-titled Pornotopia EP, set for independent release in October.
Written by richard on 10/13/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.