I have to Confess, ever since I first saw Ellis’ new video I’ve had the Baltimore emcee’s latest offering on repeat. For Ellis’ first DJBooth feature he recruits producer Deejay Redz for a classic hip-hip beat that makes good use of a soul sample and some seriously ill percussion. From there the spotlight remains thoroughly on Ellis’ impressive pen skills and flow; say what you will, but never say the man can’t rap. Those finding themselves equally impressed can cop his previous project, The Bluray E. LP, right now, as well as keep an ear out for Mislead, his upcoming single featuring Styles P.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.