I have to Confess, ever since I first saw Ellis’ new video I’ve had the Baltimore emcee’s latest offering on repeat. For Ellis’ first DJBooth feature he recruits producer Deejay Redz for a classic hip-hip beat that makes good use of a soul sample and some seriously ill percussion. From there the spotlight remains thoroughly on Ellis’ impressive pen skills and flow; say what you will, but never say the man can’t rap. Those finding themselves equally impressed can cop his previous project, The Bluray E. LP, right now, as well as keep an ear out for Mislead, his upcoming single featuring Styles P.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/13/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.