According to common wisdom, a warm smile will get a man far with most women. Booth newcomer Elli Ingram, however, ain’t most women. On freshly-released EP single Mad Love, the Brighton native and new Island Records signee reveals that she’s more attracted to a nasty scowl than an amiable grin. Over beatsmith Felix Joseph‘s mellow sax and boom-bap percussion, she daydreams about a chronically pissed-off guy from around the way, wondering what could be behind his perpetual glower: “I see you downtown, always marchin’ with a frown / Who made you so mad, what makes you so mad? / I wanna get mad with you.” Has Ingram succeeded in turning your frown upside down with this offbeat jam? If so, you can look forward to more fresh tunes come July 1, when the singer’s Sober EP hits record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.