According to common wisdom, a warm smile will get a man far with most women. Booth newcomer Elli Ingram, however, ain’t most women. On freshly-released EP single Mad Love, the Brighton native and new Island Records signee reveals that she’s more attracted to a nasty scowl than an amiable grin. Over beatsmith Felix Joseph‘s mellow sax and boom-bap percussion, she daydreams about a chronically pissed-off guy from around the way, wondering what could be behind his perpetual glower: “I see you downtown, always marchin’ with a frown / Who made you so mad, what makes you so mad? / I wanna get mad with you.” Has Ingram succeeded in turning your frown upside down with this offbeat jam? If so, you can look forward to more fresh tunes come July 1, when the singer’s Sober EP hits record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.