According to common wisdom, a warm smile will get a man far with most women. Booth newcomer Elli Ingram, however, ain’t most women. On freshly-released EP single Mad Love, the Brighton native and new Island Records signee reveals that she’s more attracted to a nasty scowl than an amiable grin. Over beatsmith Felix Joseph‘s mellow sax and boom-bap percussion, she daydreams about a chronically pissed-off guy from around the way, wondering what could be behind his perpetual glower: “I see you downtown, always marchin’ with a frown / Who made you so mad, what makes you so mad? / I wanna get mad with you.” Has Ingram succeeded in turning your frown upside down with this offbeat jam? If so, you can look forward to more fresh tunes come July 1, when the singer’s Sober EP hits record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.