According to common wisdom, a warm smile will get a man far with most women. Booth newcomer Elli Ingram, however, ain’t most women. On freshly-released EP single Mad Love, the Brighton native and new Island Records signee reveals that she’s more attracted to a nasty scowl than an amiable grin. Over beatsmith Felix Joseph‘s mellow sax and boom-bap percussion, she daydreams about a chronically pissed-off guy from around the way, wondering what could be behind his perpetual glower: “I see you downtown, always marchin’ with a frown / Who made you so mad, what makes you so mad? / I wanna get mad with you.” Has Ingram succeeded in turning your frown upside down with this offbeat jam? If so, you can look forward to more fresh tunes come July 1, when the singer’s Sober EP hits record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)