Introduced to our pages with EP single Mad Love, which won widespread reader approval when it hit our front page last June, Brighton-based R&B songstress Elli Ingram has finally returned to our pages with feature number two. If you’re wondering what language this promotional jam’s chorus is in, the answer’s right in the title: C’ Dawha. Never heard of it? Don’t worry; from what I was able to gather online, she literally invented it for this song. In any case, language won’t be a barrier to enjoyment of the cut, a tongue-twisting ode to a special man in the artist’s life. Felix Joseph and Aston Rudi enhance the joint’s sensually off-kilter feel behind the boards, garnishing their low-key synth/guitar arrangement with a variety of trippy vocal effects. The Doghouse EP is slated to drop Tuesday, March 23, via Island Records UK. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for the latest song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.