Having wowed Booth readers with debut single Only Wanna Give It to You and follow-up selection Refill (both of which received a 4.0-plus star rating from our readers), Elle Varner is back to make it a hat trick with her latest effort. Released as part of a four-track sampler earlier this month, album leak Soundproof Room finds Varner fantasizing about what she’ll do when she finally gets some privacy with a certain lucky man. Pop Wansel of “...and Oak” fame flies solo this time around, cooking up a beat that builds from soulful, string-drenched verses to a pounding, rock-infused chorus; over the beatsmith’s lush yet comfortable soul grooves, the singer tantalizes the guy in question with visions of secret trysts: “I’m surely a lady but I’m not a stranger to badly behaving sometimes / Crossing the line / Doing what I know is wrong cause it feels so right / Sneaking away for something extra curricular on a lunch break.” Has Varner succeeded in seducing you with this breezy jam? Then keep it locked for all the latest tunes leading up to the arrival of debut album Perfectly Imperfect in 2012.
Written by richard on 12/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Wanna Give It To You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.