Having wowed Booth readers with debut single Only Wanna Give It to You and follow-up selection Refill (both of which received a 4.0-plus star rating from our readers), Elle Varner is back to make it a hat trick with her latest effort. Released as part of a four-track sampler earlier this month, album leak Soundproof Room finds Varner fantasizing about what she’ll do when she finally gets some privacy with a certain lucky man. Pop Wansel of “...and Oak” fame flies solo this time around, cooking up a beat that builds from soulful, string-drenched verses to a pounding, rock-infused chorus; over the beatsmith’s lush yet comfortable soul grooves, the singer tantalizes the guy in question with visions of secret trysts: “I’m surely a lady but I’m not a stranger to badly behaving sometimes / Crossing the line / Doing what I know is wrong cause it feels so right / Sneaking away for something extra curricular on a lunch break.” Has Varner succeeded in seducing you with this breezy jam? Then keep it locked for all the latest tunes leading up to the arrival of debut album Perfectly Imperfect in 2012.
Written by richard on 12/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Wanna Give It To You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.