Earlier this month, Elle Varner lit the fuse on her sophomore set with Cold Case, a pre-release promo cut whose eclectic, hip hop-infused sound earned it rave reviews from our readership. While freshly-minted follow-up See Me Tonight has a more organic sound than its largely synth-based predecessor, it shares that joint’s experimental spirit. Pop & Oak reprise their role behind the boards, building from a slinky, syncopated jazz arrangement to a propulsive, breakbeat-driven groove as the singer/songwriter vents her fury at a disloyal man. Subtle vocal samples and occasional record scratches enhance the record’s unpredictable vibe. 4 Letter Word has yet to receive a drop date from the RCA Records brass but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 03/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Wanna Give It To You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.