Earlier this month, Elle Varner lit the fuse on her sophomore set with Cold Case, a pre-release promo cut whose eclectic, hip hop-infused sound earned it rave reviews from our readership. While freshly-minted follow-up See Me Tonight has a more organic sound than its largely synth-based predecessor, it shares that joint’s experimental spirit. Pop & Oak reprise their role behind the boards, building from a slinky, syncopated jazz arrangement to a propulsive, breakbeat-driven groove as the singer/songwriter vents her fury at a disloyal man. Subtle vocal samples and occasional record scratches enhance the record’s unpredictable vibe. 4 Letter Word has yet to receive a drop date from the RCA Records brass but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 03/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Wanna Give It To You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.