A lead single like Only Wanna Give It To You that features Roc Nation star J. Cole will draw no shortage of attention, but can you get the people so addicted to your music that they need a Refill? That’s exactly the question we’ll set out to answer with the release of Elle Varner’s latest single, which finds the rising R&B songstress flying solo for the first time on our pages. Refill, which careful DJBooth users first got a taste of via yesterday’s coverage of Elle’s NYC concert, owes its unique sound to Pop Wansel, who crafts quite possible the first bluegrass x R&B jam in the history of music. (Seriously, when’s the last time you rocked out to a fiddle?) Crucially, Elle’s voice is easily up to the task of ensuring the beat doesn’t steal the spotlight, unleashing vocals that are as charismatic as they are powerful. Those still fiending for more from Varner after Refill can expect more addictive R&B from Elle before the release of her currently unscheduled RCA debut album, Perfectly Imperfect.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Wanna Give It To You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)