A lead single like Only Wanna Give It To You that features Roc Nation star J. Cole will draw no shortage of attention, but can you get the people so addicted to your music that they need a Refill? That’s exactly the question we’ll set out to answer with the release of Elle Varner’s latest single, which finds the rising R&B songstress flying solo for the first time on our pages. Refill, which careful DJBooth users first got a taste of via yesterday’s coverage of Elle’s NYC concert, owes its unique sound to Pop Wansel, who crafts quite possible the first bluegrass x R&B jam in the history of music. (Seriously, when’s the last time you rocked out to a fiddle?) Crucially, Elle’s voice is easily up to the task of ensuring the beat doesn’t steal the spotlight, unleashing vocals that are as charismatic as they are powerful. Those still fiending for more from Varner after Refill can expect more addictive R&B from Elle before the release of her currently unscheduled RCA debut album, Perfectly Imperfect.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Wanna Give It To You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.