UPDATE: Click “Watch Video” for the brand new visuals to I Don’t Care.
As they say, opinions are like hearts, everyone’s got one. (Ok, so maybe that’s not exactly how the saying goes, but this is a family site.) The point is, while I’m sure like anyone in the public slotlight Elle Varner has her detractors, I Don’t Care, as far as I’m concerned the the RCA songstress is a star in the making. For her latest effort Varner recruits certified hit makers Pop & Oak for an instrumental that sits exactly on the line between pop and R&B, fusing together bright synths with more understated percussion and an ultimately laid back demeanor. For her part Elle unleashes yet more charismatic vocals (check her DJBooth approved hit Refill) , letting the world know that she’s so far in love that she couldn’t care less who knows her heart is a quivering mess: “If I could speak in code, I wouldn’t be so bold / I can’t control my lips.” With a single like this you have to admit you care that Varner’s Perfectly Imperfect album is due out on August 7. Go ahead, admit it. We promise it will feel good.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Wanna Give It To You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.