I’m a sucker for an exceptional female vocalist, but then again aren’t we all? My latest favorite is Elle Varner and it isn’t even close. For the past seven weeks, the RCA songstress has been a steady Booth frequenter—most recently with Little Do You Know—and each successive release only makes me fall deeper in love. F**k It All, I’m listening to Elle and only Elle for the entire weekend! Of all her recent efforts, this just might be her strongest and most memorable. Atop Pop & Oak‘s dusty, subdued production, Varner absolutely shines. Her soulful, passionate crooning commands your attention and will stick with you long after the track ends; even when she is taking a more subtle, broken-hearted approach she showcases an intoxicating vibe. If you are sitting next to me on the Elle bandwagon, than you will be happy to know our destination is her forthcoming sophomore album, 4 Letter Word.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Wanna Give It To You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.