I’m a sucker for an exceptional female vocalist, but then again aren’t we all? My latest favorite is Elle Varner and it isn’t even close. For the past seven weeks, the RCA songstress has been a steady Booth frequenter—most recently with Little Do You Know—and each successive release only makes me fall deeper in love. F**k It All, I’m listening to Elle and only Elle for the entire weekend! Of all her recent efforts, this just might be her strongest and most memorable. Atop Pop & Oak‘s dusty, subdued production, Varner absolutely shines. Her soulful, passionate crooning commands your attention and will stick with you long after the track ends; even when she is taking a more subtle, broken-hearted approach she showcases an intoxicating vibe. If you are sitting next to me on the Elle bandwagon, than you will be happy to know our destination is her forthcoming sophomore album, 4 Letter Word.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/25/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Wanna Give It To You" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.