Currently, Kid Ink is RCA‘s busiest urban artist, but that doesn’t mean the label is a one-trick pony. Ink’s fellow RCA-er (who appeared on his December feature, No Miracles), Elle Varner, looks like she may be the next to step into the label limelight. Cold Case is only a promo single, but after hearing the track (and that she is hard at work her sophomore album, Four Letter Word) it’s hard not to be excited for her near future. Setting the stage on Cold Case, Pop & Oak create an elaborate hybrid beat that has the soul of an R&B cut, the bells and whistles of an electronic number and the crashing drums of a trap anthem. The layered, thumping instrumental is perfect for Varner’s equally diverse style. Her lyrical content is pure R&B, but her unique, raspy and undeniably intoxicating vocals have the power to sail above the dense production. Four Letter Word currently lacks a drop date, but y’all will be the first to know when that changes. For now, just enjoy this exquisite tune.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Wanna Give It To You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.