Success in the music game—or any other publicly-visible field—often requires women to tailor their appearances and behavior to match gender norms. Booth newcomer Elle Araminta, however, ain’t about to compromise her values for a little money and fame. On her debut digital single, the Northern California native lampoons the Plastic Principles that govern contemporary society. Over the mellow, jazzy sample work of CFO Recordings capo Spends Quality, Araminta showcases versatility to match her satirical wit, switching fluidly been sung vocals and rapped flows. This joint is just a loosie but, if you’re feeling it, you can keep it locked to our front page for all the latest from this talented indie buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.