Success in the music game—or any other publicly-visible field—often requires women to tailor their appearances and behavior to match gender norms. Booth newcomer Elle Araminta, however, ain’t about to compromise her values for a little money and fame. On her debut digital single, the Northern California native lampoons the Plastic Principles that govern contemporary society. Over the mellow, jazzy sample work of CFO Recordings capo Spends Quality, Araminta showcases versatility to match her satirical wit, switching fluidly been sung vocals and rapped flows. This joint is just a loosie but, if you’re feeling it, you can keep it locked to our front page for all the latest from this talented indie buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.