Success in the music game—or any other publicly-visible field—often requires women to tailor their appearances and behavior to match gender norms. Booth newcomer Elle Araminta, however, ain’t about to compromise her values for a little money and fame. On her debut digital single, the Northern California native lampoons the Plastic Principles that govern contemporary society. Over the mellow, jazzy sample work of CFO Recordings capo Spends Quality, Araminta showcases versatility to match her satirical wit, switching fluidly been sung vocals and rapped flows. This joint is just a loosie but, if you’re feeling it, you can keep it locked to our front page for all the latest from this talented indie buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.