Update: We have added the Jon Jon Augustavo-directed visuals.
If you’re anything like me, you read the name of Ella Eyre‘s latest promo single and wondered how the British singer-songwriter could make a Comeback without, you know, going anywhere. Turns out, we had it twisted 180 degrees: the title refers not to the Virgin EMI songstress herself, but to the men who say they’re through with her, only to come crawling back mere days later. In brassy, seductive verses and a soaring hook, Eyre luxuriates in her power over the male gender. An uncredited beatsmith provides a lush, funky throwback groove to accompany her powerful vocals. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to purchase your own copy of Comeback when it hits iTunes on Sunday, September 28.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Waiting All Night " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label