As much as various flavors of synths have defined hip-hop’s sound, there’s no beating the majestic resonance of the Grand Piano. Elite knows exactly what I’m talking about; on his latest effort, the NYC emcee and heavyweight beatsmith scoops up a gentle, jazz-inflected backdrop for a lyrical trip down Memory Lane. Over Diced Pineapples by producer Cardiak, which features electric-guitar and keyboard accents as well as the titular instrument, the artist looks back on his years as a hip-hop hopeful and part-time Lothario, reminiscing about one of the many women he loved and left during that busy period of his life. This reflective loosie isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but Elite devotees can keep it locked to the Booth for the artist’s latest work on both sides of the boards.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sing My Song" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!