With his latest street album less than a week away from release, Dreamville emcee/producer Elite returns to our pages with a brand new single off the set. In stark contrast to October’s Do She Got a Friend Tho?, which found the North Carolina buzzmaker and wingman/collaborator Bas scanning the club for potential one-night stand material, Game 7 deals with the artist’s feelings for one particular girl. Over his own understated, yet deceptively complex production, Elite reflects on the experience of being boyfriend #2 to the woman he loves. Sean McVerry lends his plaintive vocals to the record’s hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop Elite’s Level Up tape on Tuesday (11/20), when it hits the ‘net for free digital download.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sing My Song" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.