With his latest street album less than a week away from release, Dreamville emcee/producer Elite returns to our pages with a brand new single off the set. In stark contrast to October’s Do She Got a Friend Tho?, which found the North Carolina buzzmaker and wingman/collaborator Bas scanning the club for potential one-night stand material, Game 7 deals with the artist’s feelings for one particular girl. Over his own understated, yet deceptively complex production, Elite reflects on the experience of being boyfriend #2 to the woman he loves. Sean McVerry lends his plaintive vocals to the record’s hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop Elite’s Level Up tape on Tuesday (11/20), when it hits the ‘net for free digital download.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sing My Song" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.