With his latest street album less than a week away from release, Dreamville emcee/producer Elite returns to our pages with a brand new single off the set. In stark contrast to October’s Do She Got a Friend Tho?, which found the North Carolina buzzmaker and wingman/collaborator Bas scanning the club for potential one-night stand material, Game 7 deals with the artist’s feelings for one particular girl. Over his own understated, yet deceptively complex production, Elite reflects on the experience of being boyfriend #2 to the woman he loves. Sean McVerry lends his plaintive vocals to the record’s hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop Elite’s Level Up tape on Tuesday (11/20), when it hits the ‘net for free digital download.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sing My Song" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)