With his latest street album less than a week away from release, Dreamville emcee/producer Elite returns to our pages with a brand new single off the set. In stark contrast to October’s Do She Got a Friend Tho?, which found the North Carolina buzzmaker and wingman/collaborator Bas scanning the club for potential one-night stand material, Game 7 deals with the artist’s feelings for one particular girl. Over his own understated, yet deceptively complex production, Elite reflects on the experience of being boyfriend #2 to the woman he loves. Sean McVerry lends his plaintive vocals to the record’s hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop Elite’s Level Up tape on Tuesday (11/20), when it hits the ‘net for free digital download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sing My Song" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.