With his latest street album less than a week away from release, Dreamville emcee/producer Elite returns to our pages with a brand new single off the set. In stark contrast to October’s Do She Got a Friend Tho?, which found the North Carolina buzzmaker and wingman/collaborator Bas scanning the club for potential one-night stand material, Game 7 deals with the artist’s feelings for one particular girl. Over his own understated, yet deceptively complex production, Elite reflects on the experience of being boyfriend #2 to the woman he loves. Sean McVerry lends his plaintive vocals to the record’s hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop Elite’s Level Up tape on Tuesday (11/20), when it hits the ‘net for free digital download.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sing My Song" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.