A little isolation is part and parcel of being Elite—after all, it gets lonely at the top. Nonetheless, it’s hard not to feel for the Connecticut rapper/producer (and frequent J. Cole collaborator), who describes the alienating feeling of watching his friends go out and party while he stays home on new single Everybody But Me. Backed by the artist’s own Lykke Li-sampled production, this cut is set for inclusion on forthcoming mixtape Awaken, due out 11/11/11.
Written by richard on 10/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sing My Song" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.