Eliquate, where have you been all of our lives? New Country may be the quartet’s first feature at DJBooth, but it certainly won’t be their last. Their unique, refreshing style is exactly what we look for when we select a record or visual for feature on our homepage. Hailing from Santa Cruz, CA, the alt/hip-hop quartet delivers an interesting (to say the least) set of visuals (filmed in their hometown) that are just as engaging as their style. As two old men chase a little white ball around Santa Cruz, group member Elliot Wright’s vocal performance reaches out and grabs the listener’s ears. His avalanching, sung-rapped style stands out, but don’t dismiss the lively, intoxicating instrumentals on display behind him (produced in-house, with help from Isha Erskine). For more from the ever-eclectic Elquiate, be sure to check out their A Chalkboard’s War Against Erasers project, which was released last fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Elliot Is Untitled" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.