I can tell you from experience that few things suck more than being romantically involved with someone who’s still in love with an ex—except, perhaps, being the person who can’t get over that old flame. An up-and-coming R&B singer recently signed to Def Jam by Chicago production heavyweight No I.D., Elijah Blake finds himself in the latter position on his latest single and first Booth feature, X.O.X.. Over Yonny & Sleep‘s low-key, piano-driven boardwork, the artist racks his brains about how to let his new chick down easy, in the process showcasing an impressive, emotionally-charged falsetto. Windy City vet Common pines after an old flame of his own on the cut’s back end. Fans can find this poignant jam and much more on free digital LP Bijoux 22, available now online.
Update: X.O.X is now available for purchase at iTunes with a visual accompaniment on the way.
Update 2: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Elijah’s X.O.X visual.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk To Me" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.