I can tell you from experience that few things suck more than being romantically involved with someone who’s still in love with an ex—except, perhaps, being the person who can’t get over that old flame. An up-and-coming R&B singer recently signed to Def Jam by Chicago production heavyweight No I.D., Elijah Blake finds himself in the latter position on his latest single and first Booth feature, X.O.X.. Over Yonny & Sleep‘s low-key, piano-driven boardwork, the artist racks his brains about how to let his new chick down easy, in the process showcasing an impressive, emotionally-charged falsetto. Windy City vet Common pines after an old flame of his own on the cut’s back end. Fans can find this poignant jam and much more on free digital LP Bijoux 22, available now online.
Update: X.O.X is now available for purchase at iTunes with a visual accompaniment on the way.
Update 2: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Elijah’s X.O.X visual.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk To Me" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.