Hey girl, is something bothering you? Elijah Blake wants you to know that he’s here to listen; which brings us to Talk To Me, the latest offering from the upstart singer’s Bijoux 22 EP that dropped back in December. The Futuristiks’ ambient, bass-heavy production sets the tone nicely for Blake to assure listeners that he’s going to put their concerns first. You know, as opposed to putting you on speaker phone and playing Angry Birds, but pretending to listen as you sob through whatever happens to be your current drama. This is Blake’s second DJBooth feature - if you haven’t heard December’s X.O.X. we suggest you make it a point to check that out as well. In the meantime, if you can’t find the words, just show Elijah Blake where it hurts so he can make it all better.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Started From The Bottom" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.