For some people, body art is simply decoration—for Eligh and Amplive, it’s a means of self-expression, as well as a profound experience of transcendence through pain. On new single Tattoo Song, the Zion I DJ/producer serves up a spacey synth-sample groove to back the emcee’s musings on the deeper meaning of the ink on his skin. Dropping November 15, the twosome’s Therapy at 3 LP will be available for pre-order October 12 (with bonuses including a personal phone call from Zion I and AmpLive themselves!).
Written by richard on 10/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wake Up" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)