Earlier this year, Cali underground spitter Eligh and beatsmith Amp Live (of Zion I fame) invited producers worldwide to submit their remixes of What’s in a Name, a single off the emcee-producer duo’s collaborative debut set. Today, we’re proud to present the winning entry, courtesy of N-Jin. Here, the Viennese beatsmith switches out Amp’s hard-hitting percussion/vocal sample production for a much mellower keyboard-driven groove. This version of the cut is set to appear on remix album Therapy After 3, a digital download of which will be given away with each ticket purchased for the twosome’s March/April headlining tour (available via ElighMusic.com and AmpLivesWorld.com). For the original version of What’s in a Name and much more, check out Therapy at 3, available in stores and online as of November 2011.
Written by richard on 02/13/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.