Since Let’s Get Physical got pushed back to November 6th, Elephant Man is hoping he can regain a buzz for the album by releasing the potential new single, Wave Ya Rag. The song finds the Energy God enlisting the King of Crunk (Lil’ Jon) for production and the result is an electric-sounding beat that should get everyone on the dance floor. The “rag” Ele refers to is the well-known gangsta’s headpiece, which he directs them to wave over their heads as a sign of solidarity and rebellion against society. The mass appeal should make it a hit on the charts, and hopefully it will be enough to convince the pushback-happy Mr. Combs (see Cheri Dennis for further details) to make sure the album gets released no later than Novemeber.
Written by Burmy on 08/8/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Five-O (Remix) ft. Wyclef, Swizz Beatz, Yung Joc, Assassin" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.