No, Rihanna doesn’t have a long-lost sister… as far as I know. Though Booth newcomer Elen Levon bears an uncanny vocal resemblance to the Bajan pop songstress, the vast geographical distance between the two (Levon was born in Sydney, Australia, more than 10,000 miles from Barbados) renders family ties very unlikely. In any case, Levon goes a long way towards carving out her own niche on Wild Child, a fresh promo single which finds her outlining her free-spirited life philosophy over bubbly pop boardwork by J. Remy, iLLevn and Jamil ‘digi’ Chammas of Orange Factory Music (aka Jay Sean‘s production team). Director Prad Senanayake‘s official visuals underscore the cut’s breezy feel. Feeling it? Then stay tuned. This summery selection is slated for inclusion on a forthcoming EP, which we’ll keep you posted on in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/24/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.