No, Rihanna doesn’t have a long-lost sister… as far as I know. Though Booth newcomer Elen Levon bears an uncanny vocal resemblance to the Bajan pop songstress, the vast geographical distance between the two (Levon was born in Sydney, Australia, more than 10,000 miles from Barbados) renders family ties very unlikely. In any case, Levon goes a long way towards carving out her own niche on Wild Child, a fresh promo single which finds her outlining her free-spirited life philosophy over bubbly pop boardwork by J. Remy, iLLevn and Jamil ‘digi’ Chammas of Orange Factory Music (aka Jay Sean‘s production team). Director Prad Senanayake‘s official visuals underscore the cut’s breezy feel. Feeling it? Then stay tuned. This summery selection is slated for inclusion on a forthcoming EP, which we’ll keep you posted on in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/24/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.