Instead of wrapping their demo and shopping it to their major label contacts, R&B girl group Electrik Red sat and waited patiently for the right opportunity. Thankfully for members Naomi, Sarah, Lesley, and Binki, less than two years after readying the start of their career, a deal with Def Jam and the opportunity to work with the production/songwriting tandem of Tricky Stewart and The-Dream fell into their laps. Scheduled for release early next year, the ladies’ untitled debut will feature their initial buzz single, Drank in My Cup, as well as its newly-released follow-up, We F*ck You. Though the record – for obvious reasons – might have a hard time getting spins at radio (that is, without a radio-edited version and title change), it will surely get some attention in the clubs. So, does it grab yours?
Written by DJ Z on 12/14/08
Submit your Rating
Radio Killa/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drank in My Cup" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.