Thanks in large part to Weezy F. Baby‘s guest verse on their So Good (Remix), Electrik Red finally have a solid release date for their major-label debut, How To Be A Lady (Vol. 1). Ready to repeat that success by breathing new life into another prior release (which, like So Good, picked up mixed reviews when it first hit the Booth), the ladies supplement male-domination anthem We F*ck You with a testimonial from a Def Jam labelmate. Right around the midpoint, guest-verse king Ludacris turns up the energy with another of the freaky tales he’s been known for since Y2K. Radio Killa bosses Tricky Stewart & The-Dream do their thing on the production tip, but even more credit may be due the editors who found a way to render We F*ck You fit for radio without the result sounding like a scratched CD. Can Naomi, Sarah, Lesley, and Binki finally live up to their name and electrify the earphones of listeners everywhere? Find out May 26…
Written by Burmy on 04/27/09
Submit your Rating
Radio Killa/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drank in My Cup" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)