Thanks in large part to Weezy F. Baby‘s guest verse on their So Good (Remix), Electrik Red finally have a solid release date for their major-label debut, How To Be A Lady (Vol. 1). Ready to repeat that success by breathing new life into another prior release (which, like So Good, picked up mixed reviews when it first hit the Booth), the ladies supplement male-domination anthem We F*ck You with a testimonial from a Def Jam labelmate. Right around the midpoint, guest-verse king Ludacris turns up the energy with another of the freaky tales he’s been known for since Y2K. Radio Killa bosses Tricky Stewart & The-Dream do their thing on the production tip, but even more credit may be due the editors who found a way to render We F*ck You fit for radio without the result sounding like a scratched CD. Can Naomi, Sarah, Lesley, and Binki finally live up to their name and electrify the earphones of listeners everywhere? Find out May 26…
Written by Burmy on 04/27/09
Radio Killa/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drank in My Cup" (2008)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.