Two ladies from Toronto (Naomi, Sarah), and another two from New York City (Lesley, Binkie), form the singing quartet of Electrik Red, a group which cannot really be classified as pop, R&B, or anything that has ever been heard before. Newly signed to Def Jam, the group’s label representatives have wasted no time rolling out the red carpet (pun intended) and have hooked up the girls up with their A-list songwriter-producer tandem, The-Dream and Tricky Stewart, for the new song, Drank in My Cup, on which the recently-featured multi-threat maintains the girls’ futuristic sound while displaying their own creativity. Although Electrik Red’s debut album currently has no release date set, you can peep DJBooth’s exclusive interview with The-Dream and Tricky Stewart.
Written by Burmy on 09/1/08
Submit your Rating
Radio Killa/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We F*ck You" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.