Two ladies from Toronto (Naomi, Sarah), and another two from New York City (Lesley, Binkie), form the singing quartet of Electrik Red, a group which cannot really be classified as pop, R&B, or anything that has ever been heard before. Newly signed to Def Jam, the group’s label representatives have wasted no time rolling out the red carpet (pun intended) and have hooked up the girls up with their A-list songwriter-producer tandem, The-Dream and Tricky Stewart, for the new song, Drank in My Cup, on which the recently-featured multi-threat maintains the girls’ futuristic sound while displaying their own creativity. Although Electrik Red’s debut album currently has no release date set, you can peep DJBooth’s exclusive interview with The-Dream and Tricky Stewart.
Written by Burmy on 09/1/08
Submit your Rating
Radio Killa/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We F*ck You" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)