Two ladies from Toronto (Naomi, Sarah), and another two from New York City (Lesley, Binkie), form the singing quartet of Electrik Red, a group which cannot really be classified as pop, R&B, or anything that has ever been heard before. Newly signed to Def Jam, the group’s label representatives have wasted no time rolling out the red carpet (pun intended) and have hooked up the girls up with their A-list songwriter-producer tandem, The-Dream and Tricky Stewart, for the new song, Drank in My Cup, on which the recently-featured multi-threat maintains the girls’ futuristic sound while displaying their own creativity. Although Electrik Red’s debut album currently has no release date set, you can peep DJBooth’s exclusive interview with The-Dream and Tricky Stewart.
Written by Burmy on 09/1/08
Submit your Rating
Radio Killa/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We F*ck You" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.